Friday, 1 July 2011

Creating cards and another feature!

I'm having a good week this week - yet another feature - this time for my Cinnamon Pancakes over at Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy. Woo hoo!

I've done so much baking and cooking this week, the crafting has all fallen by the wayside! I have a few things I want to do - but so little time!

Anyways, I'll stop waffling now!  Little Miss J has been invited to her first ever birthday party. Her key worker at nursery is also going on maternity leave, so we thought we'd make a couple of cards. Perfect opportunity to try something new with paint!

I had long forgotten this method of painting with yarn/wool which we learnt in school, but thanks to Putti Prapancha, that was soon remedied.

Little Miss J dipped the yarn in paint and placed it on a card.

 I helped close the card over the yarn and a gentle tug on the yarn resulted in these beauties.




She then painted some flowers with straw, which was also inspired by Putti Prapancha
 

We ended up with these two lovely cards - one for the birthday girl and one for Little Miss J's keyworker. Don't they look gorgeous?

10 comments:

  1. wow! next time try that toothbrush painting! remember doing it in school! might get messy though with paapa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're getting to be famous! Autograph please!

    Love the cards, I used to have such a good time making cards with my son when he was little. Funny, now he's 24 and living with his GF he doesn't seem quite so excited when I suggest doing it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lovely
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! This turned out so pretty! Thanks for joining the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Your cinnamon pancakes post is very much appreciated, too! My daughter pinned that pancake in my Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! What a great idea.Thanks for sharing:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh so much fun, I will try this with my little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet idea!
    Would you like to share it at our Weekly Playdate link party (for kids and families!) at:
    http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/07/playdate-link-party-blog-hop-15-all.html ?

    Cheers,
    Lori
    Come & Play :: Playdate
    http://beneaththerowantree.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up this awesome idea to our party! I am running out of crafty things to do this summer, will be adding this one to my list!
    Hope you come back and party with us again!
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome idea! We will try it this summer - thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please take a minute and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...