Now that spring has finally made an appearance, I find myself wanting to use all things citrusy. I love the freshness that oranges and lemons exude especially when used in desserts.
This recipe has nothing to it - it is so easy to throw together. In fact, Lil Miss J came home one day with it from having baked it at the childminders and so I had to ask them how they made it. So much flavour from such a simple recipe.
Self-raising flour - 175 g
Butter - 175 g
Caster sugar - 175 g
Eggs - 3
Dried sweetened cranberries - 1 handful
Juice and zest of two lemons
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. You can use an electric beater but we tend to hand beat it as my baking is always done with Lil Miss J who loves 'mixing'.
4. Add one egg at a time and beat until incorporated.
5. Lightly fold the flour in. Add the juice and zest of two lemons and the cranberries.
6. Pour into a loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 40 to 50 minutes. If the top is browning too quickly, you can cover it with silver foil.
7. Remove from oven and let cool in tin before turning it out on to a cooling rack. When cool, cut into slices and serve.