Thursday 28 June 2012

Caramelised onion and goat's cheese tart

I think I found this recipe a magazine somewhere recently and really wanted to try them.  I love simple easy dinners and ready rolled puff pastry is my new best friend! 



Here's what you need:-

Sheet of ready rolled puff pastry
Onion - sliced
Tomato - sliced
Goat's cheese
Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
Splash of wine (I didn't have any so I used red wine vinegar instead!)
Thyme - fresh is good  - I didn't have any so I used dried and it still tasted yum
Chilli Flakes (optional)

Method

1.  Get your rolled puff pastry out from the fridge.  Cut into squares.  Rounds look better but squares make less wastage and I don't like wasting food!  With a knife scour a 1 cm line around the edges and prick the centre with a fork.  Return pastry to fridge.

2. In a tiny bit of oil, saute the onions until nice and browned.  Add a splash of wine (or wine vinegar) to deglaze the pan and let it reduce.  Add dried thyme.  I put in some red chilli flakes too - this is optional.  Remove from heat. Season with salt.

3. Get your pastry out of the fridge.  Place some grated parmesan or cheddar on the pastry making sure to leave that 1 cm edge which you scoured the knife on. This will allow your pastry to puff up nicely around the edges.  Place the caramelised onion mixture, sliced tomato and some pieces of goats cheese.  Bake at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes until the pastry is done!

4.  Dish up with some salad greens.  

For a healthier version, I grilled some aubergine and courgettes and turned this into Lil Miss J's dinner.  She loved doing it all herself.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please take a minute and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...