Tuesday 5 June 2012

So long Farewell!


Ever so often, I find my mind swimming with thoughts and constantly running in overdrive and the only way to get it to slow down is to pour those thoughts out on paper (or in this case, virtually on a screen!).  Life has been in a state of flux for the last month as hubby took up a new job role and of course, hot on its heels came the decision to move to a new part of the country. Whilst this is something to look forward to, bringing with it both excitement and apprehension, to me it is also a time to reflect on what Plymouth has given us in the past five years.

We moved to Plymouth in May 2007 when hubby was offered a job here. We made the decision to move on a train journey back to London after he'd had an interview.  We didn't research whether the city was a good place to live or not - we just took a gamble - I'd prefer to call it a calculated risk but in truth it was still a gamble.  One that paid off nevertheless.  Plymouth has been good to us.  This is where hubby climbed his career ladder.  This is where we bought our first car.  This is where Lil Miss J was born.   This is where we were so close the sea, so close to the mountains and so close to nature - something we had never experienced, having lived in big cities most of our adult life.  This is the place we took Lil Miss J to the beach for the first time.   This is where I changed my career path. Plymouth has been a city of many firsts.

We have met some wonderful people here and made some great friends.  We have shared lots of good times together and I will always be thankful that we got a chance to meet all these lovely people and that our paths had a chance to cross.  Whilst it makes me sad to think that I don't know when I will see some of them again, perhaps their purpose in our lives and our in theirs has been fulfilled and the time has come to move on.   And perhaps we will see them again - never say never.  But whether we do or not, we will always cherish the memories that have been created in the time we have lived here. 

Five years is a long time and I've come to call this home.  Now whilst I get to grips with the idea of having to call someplace else home, I know that Plymouth will always be a close friend along with the many friends that it has given us.

So long, farewell - be welll!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! Please take a minute and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...