Saturday 25 June 2011

Cinnamon Pancakes

I can't stop with the cinnamon obsession. So when I read this recipe for cinnamon roll pancakes, I knew it would have to get tried out! This recipe was inspired by the lovely Nikki who blogs over at Chef in Training. Stop by and check out her awesome recipes.

I have made my own tweaks to the recipe and changed the measurements to read in grams as I struggle with the US system of measurements.  I also didn't ahve any cream cheese so made a honey and orange juice syrup.  I have reduced the filling quantities from Nikki's original recipe,  so you can check both recipes out and see which one works for you!

Little Miss J was my little helper for this one and she loved mixing it all up!
Enough chatter now - lets get on with it!

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

For the pancake: 
Plain flour 110 g 
Baking powder 2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Corn oil 1 tbsp
1 Egg, lightly beaten
Semi skimmed milk 240 ml

For the filling: 
Butter (melted) 55 g
Dark brown sugar 60g
Cinnamon 1 1/2 tbsp (this is very cinnamony...you can reduce this if you want)

For the glaze: 
These measurements are an approximation as I pretty much just bunged everything together without measuring! 
Honey 4 tbsp
Orange juice, freshly squeezed 3 tbsp
Icing sugar 20 g


1. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and corn oil.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients stirring with a whisk to reduce the lumps.

2. For the filling, stir together the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.  Place this mixture in a piping bag. I placed the bag in the fridge for five minutes.  

3. Mix together the honey, orange juice and icing sugar.  Best to add liquid ingredients to the icing sugar so that there are no lumps. 

You can follow the methodology over at Chef in Training.

And there you have it - isn't this just gorgeousness on a plate???


Thank you Nikki for a fab recipe!

This post was featured on Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy
Homemaker on a Dime


10 comments:

  1. There's a gift for you in my blog!

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are killing me with this awesome recipe which is what I'm going to have for bfast....

    Do not forget to add our linking it this party here http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum! try vanilla....its my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!! I like Chef-In--Training too! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! This looks good. Would come over and share some of your recipes at my link party Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um...these look delicious I almost had no words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to Tuesday Confessional. Your yummy awesomeness has been featured, so stop by and grab a button! http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/drool-worthy-tuesday-confessional.html
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks SO YUMMY!!

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, delicious, and it looks so pretty too! Thanks for linking up! We love all your ideas :)
    Britney
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I've pinned this in Pinterest and featured it today here. Please feel free to grab the feature button on my sidebar and thank you so much for linking up in my blog party :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please take a minute and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...