Tuesday 21 June 2011

Flip flop redo

Its the summer solstice today - the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere, but have we seen any summer in England?? Nope - zilch - save a couple of days in April and that was it! I live in the vain hope that we will have some warmth in the coming months.  However, the shops are still stocking up on summer stuff and I picked up a cheap pair of flip flops for £1.50 from Primark, just to keep me believing that the weather will turn!

They were rather plain looking - so I made a set of flowers from lilac satin ribbon and stuck them on with velcro!


And I had some scrapbooking flowers lying around from an old craft kit - so I used a couple of those too.
Don't they look cute? Now to lie in wait for summer!


3 comments:

  1. Very cute for summer. We have not had much of a summer here in the Norteast USA either, mostly rain.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!!! i love the look for summer! thanks for sharing:)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say! Please take a minute and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...